Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Day 6 week 7





An outstanding day!
Went for a run. Dusty delta run group ran 2 miles at a rate that will pass the PT test which is coming up. That is only if you are OLD, like me. I was thrilled. It has taken a long time after breaking my ankle to run a good time. I'm not 18 anymore.
Next I forgot a T-Shirt and there was no time to go back to the hotel (its graduation day for the Basic training units). A guy in the gym just handed me an extra t-shirt. He wasn't even a CHOBLC student. Just some army guy using the showers.
God is good. He looks after the forgetful and clumsy!
More classes. We did sacred communication. this is where chaplain students (us) get to critique a sermon given by a student. You would think it would be gentle. Not so much. We are all currently or just were seminary students. There are no punches pulled. Better have your game on! I wish things were a little more pastoral. There are guys here that have only preached a couple of times. They get slammed. So do the experienced preachers. I honestly have not heard a bad sermon yet.
We went to Outback for dinner. Man it's good to spend time with men (and women) of God.
The rest of the students went to a Chaplain event. Black tie and dress uniforms. Receiving lines and all. It was not mandatory, and cost money to go. I missed it.
Came back and talked theology, gave a haircut and prayed for a brother.
Thank you Lord.

1 comment:

James Keller said...

Sounds like fun! being able to run again must feel good. I'll bet that T-shirt was your favorite color too! and I'll bet you enjoyed smacking those students around with criticism, and Outback sounds good! I actually just finished a Buffalo burger at Ruby Tuesday with part of the Christian Audio Tapes crew here in Chicago IL, and it was good... we're nearly through the week and speaking for myself; I'm ready to crawl up in my own bed and sleep for a week. Everything has gone very well so far, which is different, we normally expect something to happen but nothing has happened yet but I'm still expecting something.
Today was our off day though so I'm feeling better, it was pretty nice to take a break and relax with the crew.

Well, I've got a main session and workshops to record tomorrow so I guess I'll talk to you later! Have fun!

~~Justin~~