Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sunday Day 35 Week 12

A strange day.
Started off with a trip to a Lutheran service. Not too bad. It just is not my thing. I do not understand why people enjoy the repetition. It does nothing for me. There is no heart in it. I am pretty sure if my "sacred communication" was similar, I would have gotten a "no go".
I stayed at that chapel for a "Jewish" service. I was expecting a learning opportunity (like the muslim service). But this was not the case. The "rabbi" was a civilian contractor. He thought it was great fun to poke fun at Christians. He also gave the "basic training" soldiers oreos and wine for communication. I did not know that the Jews did communion? From what I understand this was a "hybrid" service. A combination of jewish elements. I don't know. There was one interesting thing. they had a "traveling" torah. This was a real vellum torah. Petty cool.
The rest of the day was spent "chilling out" and doing homework. Getting a sermon together.

No comments: