Friday, August 14, 2009

thursday Day 33 Week 11





2 hours of sleep before being up at 4:00. Oh when you have to be at the school house at 5:00 you have to leave the hotel VERY early! My sermon is done.

Well I got a "Go" on the field service. I won't do another one like this. Not sure I understand the point of doing a service in a manner that I won't use again. Oh well, check the box.

We got to "brief" the commander. More practical counseling sessions. We really got a treat, because we had some C-4 students (senior chaplains in school) to help teach us how life works in the real world. Good practical stuff. With the change at CHOBLC, this is some of the first "mentoring" that we have received in phase 2 and 3. We had a chance to talk "informally" with these guys. PRICELESS!

Oh yes, the road march back! another 4 miler back. It was really good. I really am in my element doing ministry "on the march". I may not be the best preacher or counselor (I'm getting better), but I love spending time with solders, Encouraging them.
When we got back, they were playing "I'm proud to be an American" over loud speakers. Call me silly, but it was really cool. It made the hair on my arms stand up. In a good way. It reminds you of at least one reason for what we do here. A bit of good old fashion American Pride is a good thing.

I'm real tired. and have no clean uniforms. time for washing. My stinking camera died!

No comments: