Friday, October 05, 2007

Day 20 (Week 3)

Ok now we are caught up.
Secret methods of chaplains 101
1. Become one with your gear. Today I took a shower with all of my TA-50 gear. You would be amazed at how much sand a vest, harness, pads, pack, Kevlar and boots ( I still have to shower with my cloths) can collect. That stupid vest is still heavy, even without the armor plates. In fact the shower is still running. My gear is still enjoying it's shower. Maybe I have issues now? Don't answer that!
Today we cleaned gear. Not a problem. Cleaned a couple of Hummers and 5 tons (trucks). Normal stuff for post field time. We even got off early for the weekend. Pretty cool.
We are headed out for a "platoon dinner" tonight. Can't tell you where, you know "Ops-Sec" (Operational Security) and all? I could tell you, but then would have to kill you.
:)
Got a real cool video/slide show from some of our instructors. It shows a lot of the pics that they got from our training. I will try to come up with a method for posting it (my wife will help me over the phone!)

No comments: