Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Day 24 (Week 4)

Death by power point! Lots of lectures. Learned about the rules of land warfare. Or the Geneva convention. More on non-combatant stuff. I am pretty sure I understand it.
We had a very good discussion with a guy that knows the Reserves inside and out. Very knowledgeable. We picked his brain for quite a while. Learned a lot about how things really work.
I promise to break out the camera again. I have been slacking. I have another disk to download and post to the picture dump. Maybe tomorrow.
I've got an eye appointment tomorrow. Man it sucks getting old. I really am having difficulty reading. but I suppose I will just get it over with and get glasses before going back to my day job at the jewelry store. It just would not do to have a blind jeweler would it?
My wife is pretty cool. She is a trooper. I do not know how she does it. She had maintained those three wild Indians and still got things done. She is remarkable.
I am ready to go home to be with them. But at the same time I really wish I could finish with this class. I have really enjoyed getting to know them in a way that I have not done in a long time. There is something about the military community that I really enjoy. It is also amazing to be around this group of guys. They are commited to ministry to soldiers. Many have had similar experiences to my own and are trying ministry again. Some have just come out of civilian pulpits. But across the board, they are amazing people. I am privileged to serve with them. It is an honor to be with Warrior/Priests.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I love my warrior/priest. You are amazing. We love you and miss you. Have a great night...love you!