Sunday, September 16, 2007

Day 1



My rooms
I'm finally here! It it has been quite a road.
Drove from Tulsa to Greenville yesterday. Up at 4AM, 937 miles later and 14hrs later (does that up?) I may have been speeding just a bit. I did pull over at 5:30AM and sleep for 30 minutes.
Arrived at Ft Jackson (Columbia). Checked into Dozier Hall. Very nice accommodations. A suite. Full kitchen, bedroom, and a small living room. Individual rooms.
Reported in civilian clothes. 45 of us in the course. We have some pretty squared away NCO's (non-commissioned officers, Staff Sergeants). We did some paperwork, got split up into platoons (2), and they released us. No stress at all! Kinda surprising. Still waiting for some harassment. I think everyone is a little nervous. Not bad. We were done by 5:00 pm.

No comments: