Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day 12 (week 2)




I did not throw up! I made it through the "gas chamber". The last couple of times I went through the gas chamber I tossed my cookies and was sick for a couple of days. Not today. I feel pretty good all things considered. Tired and sore to be sure. But in good shape.
The gas chamber was pretty short and sweet. We were done quickly. Nobody panicked and had to be tackled. It was not fun by any stretch. Lots of snot, burning eyes and skin. But nothing really bad.
Things have ratcheted up a notch. We had been receiving a lot of grace. That time is passed. It is time for us to behave as officers and chaplains in the United States Army. And I believe we will. If we do not we will pay in sweat! As we should and have. We must be professional.
This afternoon we got a class on a radio that we will be using. I carried the same radio for a year and learned quite a bit from the class. They really are pretty amazing radios. Heavy! I don't miss carrying it at all.
Quite a few guys got military issue glasses. We call them BC glasses (birth control glasses, you do the math). Pretty funny. but they can see, a good thing.
Tomorrow we will finally do PT as a platoon. It should be pretty good. More briefings and then we should be off. Too cool! I think everyone is pretty tired.

No comments: