Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day 10 (week 2)


Today was another "team building" event. We got to do some obstacles that really challenged the mind. It required leadership and planning to get your team of 6 through each situation. I'm not going to try and explain it. But suffice it to say "don't touch the white" and don't step in the sand. Get to the other side, taking all of you people and equipment!
We also got to road march with our flak vests (in the picture). I don't care what people say about these necessary pieces of equipment, they are hot! And not the good kind. Not sure how much they weigh, but with the "plates" in them, and you can see they were, they are not fun.
Got to do POP Pt(extra) tonight. Good stuff! Excellent workout. Not a smoke session. My wife is not going to recognize me. Actually with the "basic" hair cut, she might not. But once again part of the deal.
Had a convocation (google it) and sang the army song. Also had a class or two.
Oh typing is really hard with my thumb all bandaged. I smashed it pretty good. It was not a good day for some of us grunts(infantry). Oh well. Waaaaa!
All things considered, a good day.

No comments: