Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Day 3

Another pretty low stress day. Long, but not bad.
Showed up at early for formation and a short drive to CIF. There we were issued TA-50(back pack and web gear, flak vest, Kevlar helmet, sleeping bag and a gas mask)
Chapel, then some SPAM training.
Our afternoon was spent putting stuff together. Then we headed over to the PT field to get used to pt sessions later on. It was pretty funny to see 20 odd vehicles in a convoy trying to follow each other through Ft Jackson.
Tomorrow we report at even earlier. Each day there are a few people late. They don't seem to get that if you're late, we have to show up early the next day. I hope we learn to be on time. It is not that difficult. We will be in civilian clothes for one more day.
I am the S-3 for my platoon. I have to know everything that is going on with everybody all the time....
I'm tired an will head to bed after a short run.

No comments: