Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day 15 (week 3)



Well today was an "off" day. Which means we were busy. We went to 3 services. A protestant, an LDS and a Pentecostal. Talk about opposites. I really enjoyed the protestant service. It was packed with new recruits. They may have been just trying to get away from their drill sergeants, maybe they really wanted to be there. I don't know. They really got into it. A good service.

The other two services were interesting. The Pentecostal was pretty wild. They "sang" most everything that happened. Man they know how to get a congregation going. I'm not sure that is a service that I would like every Sunday. But it was interesting to go to.

The LDS was very different for me. I had never been to anything quite like that. I found it to be very educational. I suppose that is why were are doing this exercise. To expose us to a variety of worship styles and religions. We are expected to minister to soldiers that are of a different background than us. We are here to allow for the freedom of religion of our soldiers. So a basic knowledge is good thing. I think it is kinda hard to explain exactly how it works. I have a clear view in my head though.

Then we had a formation to get us ready for the field. Make sure we have all of our toys.

Nate is ok. He is home from the hospital. He had pneumonia (still has). They gave him some breathing treatments. Mom and nate are doing much better.

No comments: